History Of China
Chinese civilization originated in various city-states along the Yellow River valley in the Neolithic era.
The written history of China begins with the Shang Dynasty (ca. 1750BC - ca. 1045 BC).
 Turtle shells with ancient Chinese writing from the Shang Dynasty have been carbon dated to as early as 1500 BC.
 The origins of Chinese culture, literature and philosophy, developed during the Zhou Dynasty (1045BC to 256 BC) that followed the Shang. It was the longest lasting dynasty and spans the period in which the written script evolved from ancient oracle script to the beginnings of modern Chinese writing.
The feudal Zhou Dynasty eventually broke apart into individual city states, creating the Warring States period. In 221 BC, Qin Shi Huang united the various warring kingdoms and created the first Chinese empire. Successive dynasties in Chinese history developed bureaucratic systems that enabled the Emperor of China to directly control the vast territories.
The conventional view of Chinese history is that of a country alternating between periods of political unity and disunity and occasionally becoming dominated by foreign peoples, most of whom were assimilated into the Han Chinese population. Cultural and political influences from many parts of Asia, carried by successive waves of immigration, expansion, and assimilation, merged to create modern Chinese culture.
Do you Know?
- China is the fourth largest country in the world. China is sometimes a day ahead of the United States
- Total Land Area of China is 9,596,960 Sq. Kms. It is the fourth largest Country in the World. Shanghai and Beijing are two of the largest and most populous cities in the world..
- At least 14 countries and 4 seas border China . Since the country is so large, climate is extremely varied it is sub arctic in the North and Tropical in the South.
- China has an obligatory Military service of 2 years for all men between 18 and 22. Women of the same age group are also recruited for specific military jobs.
- The Han Chinese is the largest majority group in China. Mandarin Chinese is the o fficial language . However in total, 55 official minorities and 206 listed languages are mentioned.
- The Tienanmen Square is the world's largest public gathering place and the Three Gorges Dam is the biggest dam.
- China has 3240 Television Broadcast Stations and 259 FM channels.
- Wuhan University of Science & Technlogy
- Jianghan University
- Yichun University
- North China University of Science & Technology
- Zhengzhou University
- Jining Medical University
- Xi'an Jiaotong University
- Gannan Medical University
- Chengde Medical University
- Xi’an Architecture University
- North Western Polytechnic University
- Changan University
- Xi'an Shiyou University
- Xidian University
- China University of Petroleum
- Changzhou University
- China Three Gorges University
"Give a fish to a man; he has food for a day.Teach a man to fish; he learns a skill for life."Fan Li